PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
To support the delivery of quality repairs to ensure decent and suitable housing working as part of
a team carrying out Plumbing works associated, but not limited, to maintenance works to all types
of LBI managed properties and social spaces, as scheduled or directed by supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To carry out Carpentry works and relevant trade duties as instructed by the Supervisor on
Responsive, Planned, Empty Homes, High Value Repairs or Capital Repairs to an excellent
standard upon completion.
2. To plan and organise workload to maximise productive time and ensure the best service to
customers. This includes dealing with urgent and emergency repairs and ensuring, as far as
practicable, that all appointments and targets are met.
3. To promptly inform a scheduler planner/supervisor of any unanticipated problems or delays
that might impact on appointments for that day, so that work can be rescheduled.
4. To provide regular updates and information to supervisors/scheduler planner team and other
colleagues to assist with ordering of materials, planning and scheduling of work.
5. To report any follow on or related repair works identified with the customer where these cannot
be completed during the visit, providing sufficient detail to ensure an accurate ‘further works’
order is raised on the system.
6. To maintain and contribute to the control of the imprest stock and other company property held
on any assigned company vehicle. To ensure the security, care and appropriate use of stock,
tools, materials, plant, and equipment and any other items issued.
7. To organise materials, tools, and equipment required to complete planned work and to arrange
for imprest stock to be replenished as needed and notify the Supervisor of any difficulties.
8. To identify and submit requests for non stock items to ensure that any non-standard jobs are
completed in a timely manner and notify the Supervisor of any difficulties.
9. To keep accurate records of materials used against a given job on the mobile device provided,
only using manual documentation when systems are down.
10. To use the PDA (or other electronic devise as provided) to keep various records accurately,
order materials, order follow on and new repair works and complete accurate paper records
only where the use of a PDA is not applicable.
11. To provide instruction, feedback and guidance to apprentices and trainees when required. This
includes checking work undertaken by apprentices and updating the team leader on progress.
12. To work in accordance with, the Council’s policies and procedures, risk assessments and safe
systems of work, and manufacturers’ manuals where applicable. This includes using all plant
and equipment provided by LBI in accordance with instructions, procedures and current safety
13. To drive a company vehicle, where one is provided, to keep the vehicle clean and tidy and
undertake daily vehicle safety checks and to adhere to the LBI Drivers Policy at all times
Tagged as: carpentry
Atom Services recruitment is looking for PTS groundworker to work at our clients contract at Darlington, County Durham, DL1 4AA. This...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a candidate to fill a vacancy in our grounds maintenance team, the successful candidtate must have...Apply For This Job
Looking to recruit a Area Estates Manager to provide property management for the Council’s commercial estate. Area Estates Manager must...Apply For This Job
Please send your cv and cover letter. Job Specific Requirements 1. To provide accurate, meaningful and consistent advice to customers,...Apply For This Job
We are recruiting for a bulk truck driver/loader, C1 licence is essential to be able to drive a 7.5T vehicle...Apply For This Job
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Project Degree Qualified Mechanical Engineer to join our FM Technical Services Team....Apply For This Job