This course will explore what Prevent – the governments strategy to tackle radicalisation, covers and how to work to prevent the risk of someone being radicalised. Through the units, students will explore various case studies and learn the skills needed to prevent young and vulnerable people from being radicalised.
All about this course
It is important for people who safeguard children and young adults to have knowledge on Prevent, as it will help them to spot signs of radicalisation. This course will cover what terrorism is, what Prevent and British values are, in line with the governments CONTEST strategy. We will also look at the warning signs of radicalisation and who is at risk, as well as looking at the guidance offered for the different sectors, including the Police, Prisons and Schools.
This course is perfect for anyone working with children, young people or vulnerable adults that could be at risk of radicalisation.
In order to complete the course, you must achieve 80% or more in the final multiple choice quiz.
- Fully CPD registered
- Completed online with instant downloadable certificate
- Fully printed certificate posted next day
- Covers all required legislation and practices
- Complete the online multiple choice assessment as many times as you need to pass
- Unit 1 – Introduction to Prevent, radicalisation and terrorism – In our first unit we will look at what is meant by Prevent, radicalisation and terrorism. Students will also learn what British values are, as well as Islamophobia in the UK.
- Unit 2 – Understanding radicalisation – In this unit we will look at the risks of people becoming radicalised, as well as the warning signs people need to look out for and how radicalisation takes place.
- Unit 3 – Compliance –In this unit it will be looking at what counter-terrorism is, what the CONTEST strategy is, as well as how a risk/vulnerability assessment can be carried out.
- Unit 4 – Specific guidance for sectors – In our final unit we will be looking at specific guidance for sectors such as schools, police and local authorities and why guidance needed to be put in place and who it tries to protect.
Why choose Vogate online course?
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment
- On completion, certificate can be printed
- Resit as many times as possible free within 12 months
- You choose the device; smart phone, tablet or PC
- You choose how long you want to study for at each session
- You choose which and how many of our e-learning courses you want to study
- It is cost effective and it saves time
- You can learn anywhere, 24/7/365
- It makes tracking of your course progress easy
- It is discreet
This course and assessment is online based.
After completing your assessment, the results will be displayed immediately along with the option to print or request a print out of your certificate.
We understand that you may not be happy with your results, no worries! You can resit the test for free within 12 months (from date of purchase).
We understand that everyone may not have access to a PC at all times, hence, you can study while on the go using a smart phone, tablet or laptop. Only you can decide how long you want to study for each session.
All our online courses follow the same guidelines and principles, it is discreet, cost effective and saves time! In addition, you can learn anywhere, 24/7/365!
Does the online course expire?
Although our online courses have no expiry date. After the online course has been provided to the candidate, they will have 12 months to complete the course.