Blood Transfusion Online Course Overview
An introduction to blood transfusions for staff that need to understand the process of blood transfusion and real world scenarios to help support patients who have had a transfusion.
This blood transfusion training course develops an understanding of the blood transfusion process for learners who are not directly involved with this process to widen their broad understanding of the subject.
- Name the different blood groups and describe the importance of the correct blood group
- List different types of blood products and name at least one purpose of each type of blood product
- Describe how someone’s blood group is determined
- Explain why blood transfusions are sometimes clinically necessary
- Briefly describe the risks and benefits associated with blood transfusions
- Describe alternatives to blood transfusions
- Briefly describe the process associated with collecting a blood sample
- Briefly describe the concerns patients may have
- Explain why it is important to gain the patient’s consent for a blood transfusion
Why choose Vogate online course?
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment
- On completion, certificate can be printed
- Resit as many times as possible free within 12 months
- You choose the device; smart phone, tablet or PC
- You choose how long you want to study for at each session
- You choose which and how many of our e-learning courses you want to study
- It is cost effective and it saves time
- You can learn anywhere, 24/7/365
- It makes tracking of your course progress easy
- It is discreet
This course and assessment is online based.
After completing your assessment, the results will be displayed immediately along with the option to print or request a print out of your certificate.
We understand that you may not be happy with your results, no worries! You can resit the test for free within 12 months (from date of purchase).
We understand that everyone may not have access to a PC at all times, hence, you can study while on the go using a smart phone, tablet or laptop. Only you can decide how long you want to study for each session.
All our online courses follow the same guidelines and principles, it is discreet, cost effective and saves time! In addition, you can learn anywhere, 24/7/365!
Does the online course expire?
Although our online courses have no expiry date. After the online course has been provided to the candidate, they will have 12 months to complete the course.