Job Title: Care Assistant
Reporting to: Branch management and a dedicated line manager
Apply on : https://form.jotform.com/231342807053348
Ø Care work offers a degree of flexibility, but you can typically expect to work up to 40 hours a week.
Ø Personal care.
Ø Assisting with shopping.
Ø Assist with mobility.
Ø Domestic duties.
Ø Record keeping.
Key elements of the role
· Personal care: Assist with personal hygiene, washing assistance with using the toilet, assistance with incontinence inc. pads, commodes, and catheter bags. Support with eating and drinking: Ensuring that clients are encouraged to eat a healthy, balanced diet and the correct quantities, prepared meals look appetising and make sure the way they eat is appropriate for the client.
· Assisting with shopping: This is completed on the client’s request and a finance form must be completed with a receipt.
· Assist with mobility: Use of a hoist or other aides, or assistance in standing and movement. Dressing or assisting with any physical activity whereby the client’s needs support.
· Domestic duties: Cleaning, emptying bins, washing where requested.
· Record keeping: MAR chart (for medication), logbook (recording each visit to communicate to the next carer), care plan updates.
· Please note it is very important to note that each client has a person-centred care plan. This will contain everything the customer needs and will also outline their individual preferences, likes, dislikes and requirements. This is a live document and will need to be kept updated to ensure that the care and support provided is appropriate and MUST be followed stringently.
· Assist with medication: completing the MAR chart (Medical Administration Record) the administration of medication as outlined in the care plan and with customer consent.
· Promote independence: to allow the client to do as much as they can for themselves and only offer support where they need it.
· Maintain professional relationships: clients can only be visited on duty and a carer must be in full uniform, with ID and PPE (personal protection equipment). A carer must not accept any gratuities from the client.
· Work with empathy, honesty and integrity:
· Safeguarding: Protect the client from significant harm, abuse, or neglect. It is important that all carers follow the company “whistleblowing” policy to raise any concerns they may have about clients or fellow carers. Respect dignity Ensure care delivered is person centred.
· Give companionship: Simply talking and listening to the client and understanding their like and dislikes and encourage stimulating activities.
· Notice when there is a change and report appropriately – The on-going relationship and communication with the branch is essential. Branches offer full support in any reporting and advice, also including involvement of multi agencies (i.e. social services, police GP etc.)
· Promoting health: Infection prevention, understanding illnesses including dementia and supporting with emergency first aid where necessary.
· Conducting calls: On average each call is 15 minutes, depending on the client, this time is precious, and it is important that this time is used effectively. Where time constraints are affecting the quality of care for the client, the branch must be made aware so that adjustments can be made.
This is not an exhaustive list, and you are required to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties which may change time to time in order to reflect business need or for the company’s continuous improvement.”
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 26 per week
Salary: £11.00-£11.50 per hour
Job Title: Advanced Social Work Practitioner Directorate & Section/Unit: Children’s Social Care Salary Grade: PO2 Reporting to: Practice Manager Management...Apply For This Job
1. Job Description To support social workers who safeguard and promote the welfare of the most vulnerable children and...Apply For This Job
Atom Services Recruitment is currently seeking an enthusiastic Optometrist to join our client’s team. This position involves working between our...Apply For This Job
Job Description Working with specific groups of clients, including children, the elderly and families in crisis, and help them to...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Care Assistant Reporting to: Branch management and a dedicated line manager Apply on : https://form.jotform.com/231342807053348 Ø Care work offers a...Apply For This Job