To work as a team member in ensuring that a safe, supportive and caring environment is maintained which meets the individual and group needs of the people who live there and to demonstrate a positive and person-centred approach at all times.
Values and Challenge Charter
We aim to uphold and inspire our fellow members of the workforce by using the Companies Aims, Values and principles of the Challenge Charter.
** Please read and commit to our attached Challenge Charter document.
· Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the staff team.
· Ability to use basic literacy and numeracy.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to work in an organised and methodical manner.
· Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with any unexpected problems that arise.
· Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Equal Opportunities.
· Belief in inclusion, evidenced through work practice.
· A desire to ensure that the needs of individuals are met and supported, are at the heart of decision making.
· Must be committed to ensuring that the people we support are valued and enabled to take control of their own lives. To champion this when the going gets tough and be able to raise concerns if colleagues are not working in this way.
· At all times demonstrate respect for service users and recognize their value as ordinary citizens including their right to privacy and to be treated with dignity and respect cultural and religious beliefs.
· Commitment to Potens’ Vision, Values and Principles.
· Show a desire and openness to learn and develop evidenced through continuous training and development. Be prepared to ask when help is needed.
· To present for work with a smart, clean, tidy appearance that complies with organisational guidelines.
Key Tasks and Duties
· To work as a full and effective member of the staff team, communicating effectively and efficiently with colleagues and other staff.
· To offer support to service users on an individual basis consistent with the aims and objectives of the service and the wider organisation.
· To undertake flexible working arrangements in accordance with the service users’ needs and service requirements which includes, weekends, evenings, waking nights and sleep –in duties.
· To contribute in planning, delivering and reviewing of care plans as agreed with each service user and assume designated keyworker responsibilities where required.
· To act as an enabler for service users, not ‘doing for’ the user but ‘doing with’ the user where possible.
· To give practical and emotional support to service users while ensuring appropriate professional boundaries are adhered to.
· To enable and encourage service users to live as independently as possible.
· Al all times demonstrate respect for service users and recognise their value as ordinary citizens including the right to privacy and to be treated with dignity.
· To ensure that service user’s rights are always respected and in line with the Human Rights Act and Mental Capacity Act 2005 and ensuring Deprivation of Liberty (DOL) guidelines are always followed.
· To support service users in their decision-making thoughts and processes and respecting their life choices.
· To ensure safeguarding policies are adhered to, to protect and safeguard vulnerable people.
· To ensure that service users are safeguarded from physical, verbal, financial, or material, psychological or sexual abuse, neglect, discriminatory abuse or self-harm, inhuman or degrading treatment, through deliberate intent, negligence or ignorance, in accordance with written policies.
· To enable and support service users to make use of facilities available to the public and access appropriate therapeutic activities in community settings.
· To maintain a comfortable, relaxed, and purposeful environment.
· To undertake all household duties in collaboration with colleagues and service users in order that a safe, clean, and comfortable environment is maintained.
· To complete administrative duties as designated by the service manager and/or senior support staff.
· To participate in and contribute to staff appraisal and supervisions.
· To participate in and contribute to service user and staff team meetings.
· Completion of timesheet on a weekly basis.
· To undertake training (on or off site) as directed by service manager and/or senior support staff.
· Reporting of broken and/or faulty equipment to service manager and/or senior support staff.
· To present for work with smart, clean, tidy appearance that complies with organisational guidelines.
· Adhere to health and safety guidelines as advised by the organisation.
· Adhere to the organisations policy on confidentiality and date protection.
· Undertake such other appropriate duties/responsibilities as allocated by the service manager and/or senior support staff.
Every employee is personally responsible for the quality of work, which they individually perform. It is their duty to seek to attain the highest standards achievable to them in furtherance of organisations philosophy of pursuing quality assurance in all of its services.
In the course of your duties, you may have access to confidential information about service users, staff or organisation business. On no account must such information be divulged to anyone who is not authorised to receive it. Confidentiality of information must be always preserved whether at work or away from work. The organisation has a “Whistleblowing policy” for staff wishing to express concerns.
Data Protection Act 1998
Carry out any requirement within the duties applicable to the data protection act 1998.
Health and Safety at Work act
Observe all responsibilities and carry out all duties, whether general to all employees or specific to the post, relating to health and safety in accordance with organisations policies and any statutory requirements.
Although we aim to ensure all tasks and duties are listed, due to the nature of the job these may change to reflect the needs of the business and Service Users. Any concerns should be escalated to your manager.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, on occasion, the post holder may be required to work at another location other than their usual place of work.
Due to organisations commitments to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular appraisal and any amendment will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Safeguarding Adults Team: Experienced practitioners with considerable experience in the field of Safeguarding Adults is expected to undertake complex casework...Apply For This Job
Job Title : Legal Team Manager – Childcare ** WE ARE LOOKING FOR Team Manager on the Legal Children’s Social...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Care Assistant Reporting to: Branch management and a dedicated line manager Work Profile: Ø Care work offers a degree of...Apply For This Job
Job Title: Care Assistant Reporting to: Branch management and a dedicated line manager Apply on : https://form.jotform.com/231342807053348 Ø Care work offers a...Apply For This Job
Atom Services Recruitment is currently seeking a Centre Director/Nursery Manager for our client, located in Carshalton Beeches. As the Centre...Apply For This Job
We are currently recruiting for motivated, experienced and enthusiastic individuals for full-time or part time, permanent Nurses. We are looking...Apply For This Job